Langley – The Grand River Dam Authority is announcing it has scheduled special “spring cleaning” shoreline cleanup for April 1 through 5. While the traditional summer cleanup will still take place on June 21, the April cleanup will give lake area stakeholders an opportunity to dispose of old dock foam and shoreline debris at the beginning of the busy boating season.
During this cleanup, there will be seven different sites for debris disposal. Beginning Tuesday April 1, and running through Saturday, April 5, shoreline debris (please no household trash or commercial dumping) can be taken to the following locations, between 8AM and 5PM:
• Clearwater Bay Marina parking lot – Raper Hollow – east of Disney
• Discount Docks – back end of Duck Creek near Grand Lake RV Resort – Cleora
• GRDA Hangar boat ramp parking lot – near Red Arrow Marina – Cleora
• Hammerhead West Marina – south of Ketchum
• Red 11 Marina parking lot – east of Sailboat Bridge – Grove
• Monkey Island boat ramp – west of Shangri-La Marina
• City of Grove Wastewater Treatment Plant – North Cherokee Street in Grove
For more information, contact GRDA’s Lori Starks at (918) 256 0644 or email@example.com.
Headquartered in Vinita, GRDA is Oklahoma’s state-owned electric utility; fully funded by revenues from electric and water sales instead of taxes. Directly or indirectly, GRDA’s low-cost, reliable electricity touches 75 of 77 counties in the state. At no cost to taxpayers, GRDA also manages 70,000 surface acres of lakes in the state, including Grand Lake, Lake Hudson and the W.R. Holway Reservoir. Today, GRDA’s 500 employees continue to produce the same “power for progress” that has benefited the state for 75 years.
# # #